Monday, February 18, 2013

Quick Project: Improvised Stencils

I've been trying to find some cheap stencils, but so far- no luck.

I have several packs of scrapbook paper which came with these sheets of diecut letters, so I thought I might try using them.



I coated them with gesso so they would be more durable, which was tricky to say the least. I tore the first sheet I tried to do this to.

On my second attempt, I put the sheet on some slick plastic, swiped on a light coat of gesso & then quickly peeled it up before it had time to start drying.



Once they were all dry, I did some experimenting & found that they worked well with ink pads & sprays :)

All in all, it was kind of a pain! lol But I don't like having to wait until I can buy something to do the things I want to do. Sometimes you've got to get a little creative. ;)


2 comments:

  1. Love it. Great idea!! Stencils cost so much don't they? Gonna have to try this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)

      And the funny thing is I remember seeing stencils in the kids section at the dollar store & other places.. until I actually went to get some & then of course they didn't have any lol

      Delete