Monday, April 1, 2013

April & Altered Book Backgrounds

Wow, April already? o.O Whoever is fast forwarding thru my year needs to stop it right now!

Anyway, here is March all filled up:


And April all ready to go:


I did my April calendar awhile ago & I didn't like it at first. Then, this week I added the green butterfly & it brightened up the page & now I quite like it :) 

Like I said last month- I can't add any more pages into my little overstuffed notebook so I am trying to work with the ones already in there. I used some of the scraps left over from making the notebook for the squares.

 ------

I have also been working on prepping some backgrounds in my altered book journal.  I try to do a few pages whenever I get new paint- that way there will be a nice variety throughout the book :)



lime green acrylic sprayed (with a mini mister) over dried black acrylic

 layered acrylics





bubble wrap + acrylics


acrylics tinted w/ watercolours
For this spread, I mixed dark pink watercolours in with the pastel pink acrylic paint to brighten it up a bit :)

I have a vague idea of keeping this journal for sometime when I will be very busy (say.. the first year I have a FULL TIME teaching job maybe? lol)  That way I will have a book with lots of pretty, ready to go backgrounds (that I still did myself!)

Hope everyone's April is off to a good start!


6 comments:

  1. Fab pages - all of them, love the colours.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the rainbow colors of March, and you're right about April-the butterflies are a lovely addition of color to the soft purple. Nice starts to your altered book journal too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seldom decorate my calendar pages till the end of the month, but I think your April is so fresh and spring-like. The butterflies make the perfect addition. And I love, love, love your AB backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun March looks all filled in with your creativeness. I love the simplicity of April. Your creative journaling will really stand out for this month. And WOW, what great pages you've created in your altered book journal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like all your backgrounds. Great inspiration. The doodles in your March calendar are fun and the butterflies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your April page especially your use of colors. Great idea to make the backgrounds in advance. Love them.

    ReplyDelete